Sunday, July 26, 2009

Bobbi Brown - Fall 2009 Ivy League Collection


I just got my hands on some items from the new Bobbi Brown Ivy League Collection. Isn't it funny how July used to be barren for new makeup introductions, and now it's exciting? These pieces were expected to show up in stores in August. Neiman Marcus has them on display already.

The Ivy League collection, with a preppy model in Tartan plaid, features three eye shadows, a gel eye liner (Forest Shimmer Ink), a handful of lip crayons, nine new creamy pencil eyeliners, and a very nice angled eye shadow brush.

I purchased the three eye shadows ($20) in the display: Bash Metallic, Golden Leaf Shimmer, both new, and Ivy, already introduced, but a perfect shade for a collection with lots of green. These colors will work very well together or separately. Bash is a muted metallic dark green. Golden Leaf Shimmer, shown here, is a muted shimmery gold that has just a hint of green in it (to my eye). Gorgeous!

I also picked up a Creamy Eye Pencil in Hunter ($20). It goes with the look, and I think it's a nice hunter green that's not too green. The eye liner pencils come in every color you could want.

I was very tempted by the Forest Shimmer Ink Gel Eyeliner. I suspect I will end up with it, but tried to exercise some restraint today. Same goes for the angled eye shadow brush. I'm sure it has a future at my house.

I wish I could direct you to a Web site with the colors. Neiman Marcus hasn't put them online, and neither has Bobbi Brown. Keep checking!

Postnote: You can now see the products at Bobbi Brown's revamped Web site. These colors are available in the various categories, and you can see the Ivy League look at this link.

No comments: