Friday, November 27, 2009

The Friday Forum - November 27

Fridays are still our day for chatting. I suspect, though, that today you will be shopping or relaxing like our little friend here (I will head out to Saks in a bit). If anyone is "out there" in beauty cyberspace, chime in this weekend!

You will remember that our Friday Forum is devoted to what you have to say about anything related to beauty. Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Tell us about it! Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Tell us why! Do you have questions others might be able to answer? Ask! Want to talk about a celebrity miscue? Go for it! We will use the comments for what I hope will be a fun and helpful exchange of information.

Because this is totally open-ended, I don't provide a topic or ask you a question to kick off the conversation. It's your turn!

Photo courtesy of ehow.com

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Most skincare items are categorized by age. But I am always wondering if these age categories really mean anything. I find really few preventative creams for younger skin (mid 20s)- Clarins is the only one I can think of that released a day cream just for younger girls. I used EL day creams (forget the name, its in a light green package), supposedly just for my age, and it did nothing to my laugh lines.
Which brings me to my question, would putting mature cream on a 20-something skin really damage it, in terms of over moisturizing, or benefit it, in terms of preventing future wrinkles?

Charlestongirl said...

Anna, age doesn't matter at all! What you need to consider is the state of your skin. Most creams for women over 40 are very rich and targeted toward dry skin. There are plenty of options for younger women to prevent the signs of aging, like wrinkles, and you should be looking for those.

Clarins makes great products, and you might like their new cream. If I remember correctly, you might benefit from something with Retinol (Vitamin A) in it, and Retinol is available in both drugstore and high-end products. The ingredient, in both prescription and non-prescription products, will help prevent wrinkles.

You do want to ensure that you aren't clogging your pores - something that wouldn't hurt me at all, but might make a younger woman break out.

A heavy cream won't "damage" your skin, but it won't do much for your appearance if you suffer occasionally from blemishes.

Charlestongirl said...

Remember my lament that I could no longer find Neolia olive oil soap bars? You can read it at: http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.com/2009/09/neolia-organic-skin-and-hair-care.html

Well, a keen-eyed reader sent a link to a source. The best way to get to the source is through Neolia's Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/BoutiqueNeoliacom/116060878620?v=feed&story_fbid=150394053711 - and there's a Christmas promo this week!

Yea!

Charlestongirl said...

Headed out early this morning to beat the crowds. I plan to visit Chris at Nordstrom to check out the beauty gifts with purchase and then do a drive-by of Sephora. Sephora is usually way too crowded on weekends, so my visit will be short, especially if I spot someone who is clearly sick and doesn't have the courtesy to stay home.