Friday, March 26, 2010

Coming Attraction: Tom Ford Private Blend Lip Color

Tom Ford has to be one of the sexiest guys in the fashion and beauty business, although I think he looks better without the facial hair! Everything he touches is an instant success. Get ready, makeup lovers! WWD has reported that Tom Ford has designed new lip colors for the Estee Lauder Private Blend franchise.

The new lip color collection, which is launching in April in Europe and on June 1 in the United States, includes 12 shades priced at $45 - each intended to serve as a bold punctuation to a woman’s look. As Ford insists, there is “no more dramatic accessory than a perfect lip.” He said he believes a strong lip has the power to “define a woman’s whole look.”

I've been hiding under a rock, I guess, with my understated lip looks. What's a gal to do when she doesn't look good with bold lips? I'm distraught, but hoping there will be at least one shade for me. At $45, selecting only one shade would be the restrained thing to do - right?

Ford told WWD, “This is my take on 12 classic lip colors. I took the most universally flattering colors that a woman can wear, and then I re-imagined them in a modern and authoritative way. These are signature lip colors for the makeup connoisseur.”

The lipstick formula includes soja seed extract, Brazilian murumuru butter, and chamomilla flower oil, formulated to offer a creamy texture and smooth, easy application. Intense, treated color pigments will help keep the color true.

The "TF" initials are carved into the top of each lipstick, and each lipstick is housed in an elegant ivory case with gold accents - and, of course, the Tom Ford name.

The Private Blend Lip Color Collection will be available at Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, and Bergdorf Goodman, mirroring the Private Blend fragrance distribution. The new lipsticks are expected to bring in blockbuster sales. So when you get the chance, if you want one, buy it. The Tom Ford collections for Estee Lauder fly out of the stores.

Information and photos courtesy of WWD. If you follow fashion and beauty, you really need a subscription! Daily news online for only $99/year - not much more than two Tom Ford lipsticks.

Tom Ford photo courtesy of Getty Images

2 comments:

Fab Over 40 said...

I agree, he sure is sexy! But that's an awfully steep price for a lipstick! When it comes out and if I get an opportunity to try it (I think they are only as Saks and we don't have one here) I hope it's the BEST ever for that price!

Charlestongirl said...

I can be your personal shopper, Fab! Just send me your favorite lipstick brand/shade, and Loyd and I will select the closest. :)