Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Bobbi Brown Denim & Rose Collection - Gel Liner, Gloss, and More

You can tell I'm impressed with Bobbi Brown's Denim & Rose Collection for Fall 2010. It has been the star attraction at Best Things in Beauty so far this week! In the first two posts, I introduced you to the Highlighter Pens and the Denim & Rose Face Palette. Let's take a look at the rest of the collection now.

The Shimmer Lip Gloss ($20) in Raspberry is another limited-edition beauty. Shimmer Lip Gloss offers beautiful, non-sticky shine with a touch of iridescence. It's perfect over the lip colors in the Denim & Rose Face Palette. Formulated with aloe extract to soothe and soften lips, vitamins C and E for antioxidant protection, and jojoba and avocado oils to moisturize your lips, Shimmer Lip Gloss does it all. I love the new shade! It's perfect for summer. It will also be perfect this fall - who could wait?

The new Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner ($21) in Denim Ink is another must-have. I love Bobbi Brown's gel liners, and I love dark blue liners, so this one was a natural for me. Bobbi's award-winning gel liner gives you the look of a liquid liner with the ease and feel of a gel. The gel's extremely long-wearing, water-resistant color glides on (use Bobbi's Ultra Fine Eye Liner Brush) and gives you just enough time to get it the way you like it before it dries. It stays put without a smear or crease until you remove it.

I took a photo in full sun of the Denim Ink eyeliner and the Raspberry Shimmer Lip Gloss. I hope the photo shows you the beauty of the shades. These are shades that should work for everyone.

There is more to this stunning collection. I just couldn't afford to purchase it all! There is a limited-edition Extreme Party Mascara ($22), Bobbi's popular mascara formula, in Denim - a navy blue that will make your eyes pop. Sparkle Eye Shadow in Denim ($24) is the item that was sold out at Neiman Marcus by the time I got there. I wasn't able to see it in person because the sales rep had put it away, I was rushed, and someone else was helping me. I'll catch it on my next department store visit. A fabulous Denim & Rose Mini Brush Set ($55) has every brush you need to work with this collection - all encased in a blue denim zippered case like the face palette.
  • Mini Blush Brush - perfect for picking up the blush shade in the face palette
  • Mini Lip Brush with Cap - great for gals on the go
  • Mini Angle Eye Shadow Brush - you'll find plenty of uses for this one
  • Mini Eye Liner Brush - that's what I would use to apply the Dark Rinse shadow or the gel eyeliner
Denim & Rose is a very desirable collection. Because the items in the collection are limited editions, you should check them out before they are going, going, gone.

You can purchase the Denim & Rose Collection at the Bobbi Brown Web site and Neiman Marcus. It should be available at all Bobbi Brown counters soon - if it isn't already. Through July 2, if you use code DENIMR at checkout, you will receive a travel-sized mini of Extra Balm Rinse and free shipping at the Bobbi Brown Web site. Who doesn't like gifts?

All photos except my swatches courtesy of Bobbi Brown

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I'm loving your coverage of this collection. I'm so impressed with it myself. I love the liner too...the color makes the eyes pop!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Laurie,

Thank you! It's a great collection deserving of several posts! Glad you are having fun with it too.

Denim Ink Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner is spectacular! I would be hard-pressed to select only one item from this collection, but if I had to, it might be the liner. It's stunning. Oh, but then the Highlighter Pens, or the palette. It would be really hard.