Friday, June 4, 2010

L'Artisan Nuit de Tubéreuse

I was so excited when this e-mail came from LuckyScent. L'Artisan, tuberose, "narcotic perfume." What white flower lover wouldn't have been?

As you can see above, LuckyScent is accepting pre-orders for L'Artisan's new Nuit de Tubéreuse. It will ship on June 21, a few short weeks away. See if this intrigues you.

The Scoop

Bertrand Duchaufour is on a roll. With Penhaligon’s Amaranthine, he proved that his masterful style could extend to sensual florals. Now, he’s gone and tackled the most unmanageable diva of the perfumer’s palette and come up with a totally novel, utterly seductive take on tuberose.
The eagerly expected Nuit de Tubéreuse turns down the classic, creamy-coconutty facets of the flower to focus on its more unusual facets. The top notes draw out the odd, rooty, snapped asparagus stalk aspects of tuberose absolute and set them off with vibrant green cardamom; mango drenched in pink pepper creates an almost incense-like effect – Duchaufour’s signature. The scent goes through a strangely compelling, freshly upturned earth phase before easing into a suave floral heart, where the tuberose is bolstered by orange blossom, ylang ylang, and rose, wrapped in the honeyed-tobacco facets of broom on a warm, musky, woody. and balsamic base.

If you’re addicted to tuberose, you’ll be riveted by Bertrand Duchaufour’s totally original interpretation. If you’re tuberose-averse, you might very well be converted. And if you’re a man, you may have finally found a version of the note that can be worn unselfconsciously. But women needn’t worry: Nuit de Tubéreuse is still very much a heart-breaker.

Here are the notes: cardamom, clove, pink pepper, black pepper, citrus, green mango, angelica, tuberose, orange blossom, ylang-ylang, rose, broom, musks, vanilla, sandalwood, palisander, benzoin, and styrax.

If you pre-order now, as I did, you will get some goodies with your fragrance when it ships. They are a nice incentive. I hope we love it!

Photos courtesy of LuckyScent

2 comments:

Clarisse said...

I hope you will like it: I think you were very brave to order it without smelling it before! I wouln'd dare to do it, several times I have been disappointed by a fragrance when wearing it, so now I try it on several times, "sniffing" it regularly and checking whether it still agrees with me (and my skin) at the end of the day...that said,l'Artisan Parfumeur is a very reputed brand! Tuberose seem to be the "it" fragrance at the moment:Frederic Malle, JP Gautier, Prada, they all fall for it (though for me the one is still Fracas by Robert Piguet, do you know it?)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Clarisse,

I usually do exactly what you do. My skin can "turn" a fragrance, and I like to wear/try before I buy.

Then there are times like this one when I roll the dice. I'll let everyone know if I like it when it arrives. :)