Saturday, August 28, 2010

Melissa Flagg Hazel's Eau de Parfum

There must be a fragrance analogy for "love at first sight." With Melissa Flagg's Hazel's Eau de Parfum ($32), it was love at first whiff.

Inspired by the beautiful aroma of gardenia nanu leis from the Islands of Hawaii, Hazel's perfume romantically captures the scent of blooming Hawaiian gardenias. There is a Hawaiian saying, "A gardenia lei is my love...to which I go with throbbing heart." My heart throbbed the first time I got a whiff of Hazel's.

I have worn Melissa Flagg's Clementine Perfume Oil for years. Each time I wear that fragrance, with notes of flowering orange blossom, honeysuckle, and night-blooming jasmine, I get compliments. I have no doubt that the same will happen when I wear Hazel's Eau de Parfum.

This gardenia fragrance is heavy, but light, and soft, but strong. I know that makes no sense, but if you have ever worn a gardenia lei, you will understand the appeal of the romantic fragrance. It's intoxicating.

Hazel's is available in the eau de parfum shown here, in a rollerball, and as a solid! Take your pick. If you like gardenias, you will love it. I know what I'll be giving my mother for Christmas. Her wedding bouquet was made with gardenias, her favorite flowers. She is going to flip for Hazel's Eau de Parfum - just like I did.

Check out Melissa Flagg's fragrances at Beautyhabit. Now I need to get my hands on Mily, the only Melissa Flagg fragrance at Beautyhabit I don't have.

Photo courtesy of Beautyhabit

No comments: