Thursday, May 26, 2011

Chantecaille Summer in St. Barth's - Poudre de Perle

Brand new, but anticipated for months, Chantecaille's Poudre de Perle ($55) is everything I expected - and more. Before I tell you about it, I want to share an anecdote.

I introduced a friend at my office to Chantecaille. I had invited her to Alex Chantecaille's event at Neiman Marcus - the time Chantecaille offered a lovely drawing for Best Things in Beauty readers. Since then, she has been using Chantecaille skin care and makeup, and she looks fabulous. She tells me often that her husband, friends, and colleagues have commented on how good she's been looking lately. The only thing she changed? You guessed it! She is now a Chantecaille devotee.

Poudre de Perle builds on the unparalleled success of Protection Naturelle, Chantecaille's excellent powder that delivers full-spectrum UVA/UVB protection. Poudre de Perle's innovative blush formula is contained with its own brush and delivers the perfect amount of color. It's available in one shade, Biwa, a pearly warm pink shade with golden peach highlights. It's perfect for most skin tones and skin types. Not only is the blush convenient to apply, it's refillable. I like the re-use concept. Less waste will help us be better stewards of our planet.

Olivia Chantecaille modeled Poudre de Perle in Chantecaille's Summer in St. Barth's look. It doesn't get any prettier! For the photo, it was applied to her cheeks, starting at the inner edge of the cheek bones and softly blended out toward the temples.

Here are a couple of photos of the product. The brush has a protective plastic sleeve that slides up and down. In the photo at right, the sleeve is down. I think this photo, taken in outdoor morning sunlight represents the shade in the tube pretty well. The photo at left is a close-up of the powder blush.

It was a challenge for me to get half-decent swatch photos of Biwa on my skin. It's beautifully sheer. I finally applied moisturizer and a light coat of foundation to my arm to get the photos here. My swatch photos were taken in late morning sunlight, and I applied Poudre de Perle with its own brush.


This blush makes my heart race - in a good way! I hope you can see that it's warm pink and has a shimmer that will make you look glowing (this is "adult makeup," made for women, not teenagers hoping to drive their mothers over the edge). There is some extra shimmer on my arm from the sunlight.

You can find Poudre de Perle at Chantecaille's Web site. It should be at your favorite Chantecaille counter in a few days, if it's not already on display. For information about Chantecaille online specials and Neiman Marcus events, please scroll down to my other Chantecaille features.

Photo at top courtesy of Chantecaille; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

15 comments:

lovethescents said...

Haven't had computer access for a few days so I've really been missing out here! Beautiful looking blush and it looks very convenient as well. Gorgeous :-)

Eileen said...

Oh, Charlestongirl! I'm trying to be so good and hold out until Chanel's fall collection is released in July and here you are throwing beauty after beauty in my way :-) First the lush plums of Armani and now the luminous bit of perfection called Biwa. I'm almost afraid to go back and read the posts from earlier today--almost! I'm driving into the Valley this evening so I think I'll swing by Neiman's. If Biwa is half as beautiful as your pictures indicate, it will have to go come home with me. Gorgeous!

Lakshmi said...

Lovely! How do you find the brush applicator, do you find that it dispenses the right amount of product each time, or too much or too little?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents!

You will adore this one. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hey, Eileen!

My NM hasn't received Biwa. I got mine from Chantecaille online. Have fun - would love to be shopping with you.

I have been lusting after the Chanel collection since I first saw the photos. It's another must-have.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lakshmi,

I build the coverage until I'm happy. I think there's a level of dispensation that will make everyone happy. It's fast and easy to build the right coverage on my fair skin.

Eileen said...

Hi Charlestongirl,

Thanks for the heads up regarding availability. I'll let my fingers do the shopping and visit Chantecaille on-line. Where there's a will, there's a way :-)

luv2smilexo said...

how would you say the brush on this compares to the previous powder? I love the powder but I think the brush is kind of scratchy on my very sensitive skin :(

Charlestongirl said...

Lov2smilexo,

I think the brush is the same. It feels plenty soft to me. However, we are all different. If you don't like the brush, how about buying the refill only? You can use your own brush - and container for that matter. The blush is so pretty, I would find a way to wear it.

If you skin is sensitive to a soft brush, it's worse than mine! :) Are you using harsh products on your face that could be contributing to the sensitivity? I have found certain treatment products will do that.

ljb829 said...

the color looks sort of similar to MAC's mineralize sheersheen loose powder in lucent, which i already have, does anyone know if it is so i don't have to purchase it, lol!

Anonymous said...

I've been just getting into Chantecaille because of you and I am a devotee now. I've got 3 blushes and ADORE them so much, that I am getting rid of my NARS ones. I never touch them anymore!
This is now on my list, an I'd like to try a foundation. What do you suggest? I am NW15 in MAC. The reason I ask is because there's no counter near me, so I get my hubby to pick my up Chantecaille when he works out of town. :)

Hopelessly Devoted To Makeup said...

seOh Lordy, you have done it again! First with the Rose Platine and now this? How will I ever forgive you? ;) That looks so gorgeous! Any idea if it contains oil? I am trying really hard to stay away from oil in my makeup.

Charlestongirl said...

Tracy, the foundation is one Chantecaille item I have never purchased! I'll ask Kathy Shoreman. She has a favorite. I'm always so fully stocked on Armani foundation, it's the last thing I try.

Someone else will have to help with the MAC comparison. I don't pay any attention to the MAC foundations.

Charlestongirl said...

LJB829, I wish I could help. Hopefully, someone else reading can! I never became a MAC girl, although I have MAC makeup I love (brushes too).

Me said...

Charlestongirl, I am thinking of pulling the trigger on a Chantecaille order, and I was curious what you think of the brush dispenser. I use Retin-A, so my skin is very sensitive, and am hoping the brush isn't too prickly/poky.

I'm having withdrawals. The last Chante purchase I made was on eBay several months ago to get the LAST Les Dauphins palette on earth, lol. Do you think I've used it? Noooooo. I am too in awe of it. It broke my heart to blur the tiger faces, too. Hee.