Monday, March 26, 2012

Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Malice for Summer 2012

My three new Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blushes ($43, Joues Contraste Fards à Joues Poudre in French) arrived today - finally - and I had time to grab swatch photos of one this afternoon. I selected Malice (#71), the shade that had given me pause before I ordered it, sight unseeen. On Chanel's Web site, Malice looks orange in the teeny tiny color representation. Malice isn't even close to orange! I can see its coral hues in the compact indoors in dim light. Outside? It a vibrant warm pink with just a touch of peach.

Malice carries just enough micro-sparkle to give it a gleam without making it appear artificial or unnatural. There's a reason you wont see fine glitter in my swatch photos. The ultra-fine powder in the blush blends color and soft sparkles with a result that gleams without glitter.

Malice is a new shade, and the timing of its introduction could not be more perfect. It's a great shade to wear now, as the weather warms, and throughout the summer.

I think the color of this blush is lust-worthy. I could called it scrumptious, luscious, stunningly beautiful, or any number of superlatives. I'm so glad I took a chance, ordering it on faith. I had seen blog photos of it, but they were all different, leading me to wonder what Malice would look like on my own skin.

I swatched Malice heavily with a sponge-tipped applicator at the top of my arm, and I applied it moderately heavily with a dense blush brush below. My swatch photos were taken in full, afternoon sun.

Malice gleams. I'm reminded of a watermelon, a luscious fruit with an inviting, juicy rose-pink color. Even though I have a lot of makeup, it's conceivable that I could run out of Malice. I wonder if my hoarding instincts will kick in this week.

I suspect that your skin tone may affect the way Malice appears on your own skin. On mine, it's pink. Those with darker or olive-toned skin may bring out its peach tones. If you purchase it, please let us know how the color translates on your skin.

I purchased all of my new Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blushes at Chanel's Web site. I'll show you the others as soon as I can get photos.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

11 comments:

beeden said...

I just bought this yesterday, it's such a nice color, juxtaposed to the name! It has that delicious rose scent!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Beeden,

It does smell great (and I don't like fragranced cosmetics as a rule). It's on my arm as I write, and I can smell the lovely scent.

Laci said...

I ordered this one from Nordstrom as soon as I saw them go up. I love this shade so much. I'm glad I went ahead and made the splurge.

Anonymous said...

AAAAhhhhh this looks PERFECT. Sigh.

Charlestongirl said...

Fab, Laci. It's so pretty!

Charlestongirl said...

Tracy, it's an amazingly beautiful shade, and the texture is great. No powdery mess.

lovethescents said...

Watermelon! YES! Exactly! Can you tell I'm excited? This is amazing. I wonder if it would be too much paired with my watermelon-coloured Armani lipstick?

Jacqueline said...

This is one blush I will definitely add to my collection. What a pretty colour!

Charlestongirl said...

Oh yes, Lovethescents, they should pair beautifully!

Charlestongirl said...

Jacqueline, Chanel hit a home run with this one. :) I smile because I don't see Chanel playing baseball.

LoveSugarBabyDoll said...

beautiful! i am always on the hunt for the perfect watermelon blush and lippie- perhaps you found the blush for me. and lovesthescent has supplied the Armani lippie recommendation :)

i have always loved the subtle rose scent.